 Off-Topic / Fun / 10007 (-20)
  Re: Lego RPG DraK'en.

(...) The execrable Spelljammer campaign setting has this information--I'll get you a page reference when I get home... 8^) Dave! (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lego RPG DraK'en.

(...) Actually, I agree with Bruce, Interractive Fiction is best kept to refer to games following closely in the footsteps of Zork. (...) See the problem with defining what you and I would call an RPG is that each of the key elements is common in (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lego RPG DraK'en.

(...) <snippage> (...) I agree with you on this, Frank. I favor catagorization also. Your term, Interactive Fiction is a nice one, possibly a broad catagory that includes many other sub-types of games. Role Playing Games traditionally are those that (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lego RPG DraK'en.

(...) And why not a party of characters? IIRC, one of the rules in the game states that you must control or deploy a "leader" character, in which this game revolves, although you can control party proponents as well, there are several rule (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Briefing

Nice conversation of Bush Jr (hmm!) with Condi Rice after Hu Jintao was named chief of the Communist Party in China. George: Condi! Nice to see you. What's happening? Condi: Sir, I have the report here about the new leader of China. George: Great. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.pun, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lego RPG DraK'en.

(...) Yea, I guess I was being somewhat careless. I agree, there is a difference between IF and CRPG (though in my opinion, less than the difference between CRPG and traditional RPG). One problem I have though is that while people in the know refer (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lego RPG DraK'en.

(...) I think you have gone on to do precisely what you decry: blurring definitions. RPG is not really diluted by computer versions inasmuch as they are usually referred to as CRPG (Computer RPG). CRPG carries a host of implied differences from (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lego RPG DraK'en.

(...) the rules, I would not really call this an RPG. While any game (including Monopoly) could be considered a "role playing game", in the (non-computer) gaming industry, the term RPG has traditionally reffered to a game style where players (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99

(...) I don't usually build in the bathroom, but sometimes I dismantle and clean LEGO in the bathroom, using the tub. I've done a lot less out here than back in NC, but then I haven't bought nearly as much used LEGO since I've moved. The two brick (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99

(...) 2 in your bathroom(s)? What are you building in THERE? Ewww... XFUT o-t.fun (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, this link was provided by Dave! (...) been able to figure out the new Gradebook program (she includes herself here) as "technotontas". Maggie C. (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) Well, I was half right and half wrong. It means scout in some Indian languages, but it also means friend in the Tewa Indian language (or it roughly comes out to it). But of course, that makes Kemosabe -technically- friend in Indian. Hasta La (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) (URL) Dave! (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) Thats ok. I don't see everything all the time either. (...) Should've added the drum-and-symbol sound : ) Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Geek Speak?

(...) Yeah, but they're talking about slow processes monitored over years! How can soft, fuzzy things deserve this metaphor? Try these on: "Increased sunlight seems to impact plant growth" "The volcanic eruption will impact wildlife populations" (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geek Speak?

(...) What makes you think the meteorite imagery wasn't intended? In fact, it's exactly the reason the word is chosen: it implies a quick, overwhelming, and hard-to-unavoid effect. If your complaint is about excessive hyperbole, okay, you have a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) I guess I just read from the Spanish sentence to the kimosabe one, and lumped the two together in my mind. Didn't see a tonto reference in your post, but then again, didn't read the post before yours... Everything indicated to me you were (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) My predigested self : ) Kimosabe I think is Indian for friend, and I said that I'm taking Spanish so I would've known what tonto means. It's ok you didn't understand though. Only the young know how to read "predigested pap" : ))))) Hasta la (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) LOL gotta love, or hate, that pop culture. My University of Chicago Spanish-Engilsh dictionary has 9 entries for words that start with "k," and none of them are "kimosabe." The word vaguely looks like it could be a Spanish word, but something (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) Do you have a wrist guard on your desk? (...) touche...Had this discussion been held later in the year, I would know more spanish, I'm taking it this year! Oh, I forgot to say, I now know kimosabe, means possibly, friend? (...) Thanks. Hasta (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact