 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 341 – 360 of about 1300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Racial politics in LEGO (Endless debates in LUGNET about race would be a good title too!)

Jason, (...) Usually, when I see this, it does mean it, but I digress, I am rather sick of this discussion to begin with. (...) I have little faith in reiterating this discussion about Lando and Panaka for the 5th, 6th, 7th, etc. time. I am sick to (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

political
(score: 1.317)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) A lot of people have said this, but I'd be interested to see them actually draw lines and point out these so-called "factions". There seem to be only two that really exist- those who are discussing something they find interesting (for whatever (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.317)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Certainly it is great that TLC has in some ways opened its eyes to a broader demographic, but it is unfortunate that certain spectres from their past still linger. Because minifigs have persisted more or less unchanged for over two decades, it (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.317)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Then why bother responding if it is pointless and tiresome? I'd rather you continue ignoring me or address the other point. Why don't people respond? Because I'm bringing up something that directly refutes their claims and they feel (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.317)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) No, I'm supposing that kids don't give a rat's ass about race. Kids play. It's we, the adults, who teach kids about race, or rather, skin color (given that we still are only one race, something we should perhaps also teach our kids...). (...) (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.317)

  Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts

I think you have a few nots missing, and a few added where they do not belong (...) c /can/cannot/ in many cases. Nor can government employees. (Libertopian corporations would have no such immunity for their personnel) (...) That is, has the power (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.317)

  Percents, Per Se

(...) That's fabulous! I read an article back in '92 that proclaimed we'd already discovered 90% of the world's oil. Dave! (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

worlds
(score: 1.317)

  Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) Neither, because that's not what the post said. At least not any that I saw, anyway. Feel free to provide the link back to the post to correct me. To reopen. It is my firm belief that a space based weapons platform *can* stop long and even (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.317)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) It's a cultural thing completely. We don't have any racist issues in our entire history (yes, there is some religious and ethnic discrimination from time to time, but not any related to skin color) so both race discrimination and political (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.317)

  What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) David, I don't think it was 100% crystal clear that Eric wasn't being serious. If I didn't know Eric, and I didn't know that he wasn't married, and I didn't know that he was a swell guy anyway who would never advocate domestic violence, I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.317)

  Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) Ah, now I see. My reasoning proceeds from the idea that, as roads deteriorate, wealthy communities are able to afford the upkeep without curtailing their spending on food, rent, and clothing. Poorer communities, faced with deteriorating roads, (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.317)

  Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts

Dave, I don't have a particularly tight rebuttal to your issue with the roads. I do believe that the nature of our world/nation/whatever would change with the coming of Libertopia. Some of the changes are unpredictible. I think that economic (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.317)

  The LEGOCRATIC National Convention

Here is something for those of you who love to follow politics (Whenever you need a break from the LEGOs, of course). Are you tired of the same ol' politics of the past? The bitter fighting in Washington getting to you? Well, the fine people of the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.va.new, lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.316)

  Re: Anyone heard this story yet?

To All, (...) What a joke. This was an obvious attempt to try to grate a "enormously rich and powerful organization", or to get money out of them. People like this need to do something more productive than to irritate corporations in this fashion. (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

political
(score: 1.314)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) Chris, you never cease to amaze me. :) IMO, The automobile is arguably the greatest threat to environmental and social quality, and is probably one of the most subsidized sectors of the world's economy. I was able to explain and demostrate (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.314)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) I'm more amazed 2500 economists agreed on something. :) (...) I'm having trouble coming up with an example that shows how government regulation can protect something, at least one that is not mired with economics and other ideas. It's also (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.314)

  Re: what do you think of editorals regarding the environment?

(...) Gotcha...soon enough for you to have to deal with it. (...) Amending that to be more in line with what I said later, I mean that we _won't_ do anything, not that we couldn't. (...) Sure, but what can you do? (...) Sure. Anyone who you could (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.314)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

I found a few cool pieces of information that seemed relevant to grazing, beef cattle, etc. These facts also point out the environmental benefits of being vegetarian: - About 85% of topsoil erosion is directly attributable to raising animals for (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.313)

  Re: Personality test vs. Religion

(...) I'm sorry, but this hypothetical example doesn't interest me. Suppose I posit a car that delivers infinite gas mileage--wouldn't you buy it? Heck, yes! But what's the point? It's not difficult to create examples that have no relation to (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

quiz
(score: 1.312)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatic...mblock.ca> wrote in message news:G0yI4w.J3p@lugnet.com... (...) Its sad, but true. Humans in general are always looking for a selfish way to elevate themselves and put down others to make themselves look (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

political
(score: 1.312)

More:  Next Page >>