 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 1101 – 1120 of 1284.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: To change the tune...

(...) Believe what you want. Time will certainly tell. (...) Well, some did. How can you be certain that you would have been right? (...) Facts? What "facts"? The facts are that he had them in the past, he had the willingness to use them, and he was (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.127)

  Bush 'bending science to his political needs'

(...) (URL) Bush 'bending science to his political needs'> ==+== The Bush administration is guilty of misrepresenting scientific knowledge and misleading the public, a group of America's most senior scientists claimed yesterday. They said the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.127)

  Re: To change the tune...

(...) How long do you think it would have taken Hussein & Sons to kill that many if they'd been left in power? Anyways, the US was directly responsible for putting Saddam in charge of Iraq those many years ago. Quite frankly, it worries me that the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.126)

  Americans on the word 'nucular' (was Re: Bush on Nucular Non-proliferation)

(...) I don't know that I'd tease him mercilessly about it, but it just seems, well, incongruous (a word I shouldn't be using in chatting with the majority of the American population perhaps ;-). Can it be true that its a relatively small proportion (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.126)

  Re: It didn't have to be this way....

(...) …a despot who was explicitly supported by the West. (...) Some of the world's problems do lie at the feet of the "West". (...) I understand your point. However, we should not make the mistake of believing that those who violently oppose the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.125)

  Re: It didn't have to be this way....

(...) (URL) read. One thought I have though... Would the situation truly be any better if Sadam had got out of power any other way? Part of what is happening is the power vacuum that results from elimination of a despot. The rest of the problem is (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.125)

  Re: Is Nader Really a Threat to Democracy?

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> wrote in message news:HtrMwH.7KL@lugnet.com... (...) community (...) of (...) represent (...) then I (...) Many of my fellow employees are shareholders. They benefit when the company benefits. The (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.124)

  Re: Is Nader really a threat to Democracy?

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message news:40405999.BF54E7...faq.com... (...) truly (...) How many Electoral votes did Nader get? Those are the ones that really matter. I don't think he got "millions of votes". He only got (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.124)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) "Christianity" and opinions (especially political ones) of particular Christians are not synonymous. JOHN (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.124)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) That's interesting, but it does not explain your "political" comment, nor does it answer my question. (...) What right did Bush have to threaten him? (...) Not everyone; was that not why Rumsfeld established is own little intelligence fiefdom? (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.123)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) Are you saying the Pope was politically motivated, or that killing tens of thousands in Iraq was a political decision? Scott A (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.123)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) lol What are you talking about?? I thought you wanted to know if church leaders' comments were politically motivated? To which political comment of mine are you referring? As far as your question about church leaders' motivation-- I already (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.123)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) Here is his justification: (URL) I find this so disingenuous! "Pursuant to my sworn duty to uphold the California Constitution, including specifically its equal protection clause..." What about the rest of the CA Constitution? Upholding all of (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.122)

  Re: Personality test vs. Religion

(...) I'll put it this way-- I'd wish a "truly fair" God existed-- one that believed in relative morality, etc. Because, hey, it IS somewhat comforting to know that "everything's gonna be ok" or whatever. Would I want a Christian God to exist? (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

worlds
(score: 1.122)

  Re: Terrorists hate freedom

(...) De plane, boss, de plane! De fence, boss, de fence! Oh, sorry, defense. Ummmmmmmm, okay, maybe if I knew what I was supposed to be defending. Perhaps if I read on and not pick on a minor error... :-) (...) I find something ironic in that (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.122)

  Re: Terrorists hate freedom

(...) It does. There are different kinds of religions. Changing a popular or materially well resourced religion is no small thing. But even Christianity got over this when essentially left to its own devices. Mind you, in the hundreds of years it (...) (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.122)

  Re: The absurdity of American pop culture

(...) Actually I'm keying in on these statesment in particuler: "The whole problem with this idea of obscenity and indecency, and all of these things -- bad language and whatever -- it's all caused by one basic thing, and that is: religious (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.121)

  Re: The absurdity of American pop culture

(...) There is nothing new in Washington using "fear" to make you a good American. If you read about the work of Edward Bernays, you will see that it is the fear of communism & non-conformity which has been the basis of the economic prosperity of (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.121)

  Re: Sheikh Yassin

(...) I'll try to answer the best I can, please let me know if anything does not satisfy you entirely; these are purely my *current* answers. (...) I am of the opinion one can not fight a war against a non-territorial entity, but I will admit this (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.120)

  Re: The Parable ot the Tortured Debtor

(...) Sure. We would see it as accomplishing several things. In addition to acting as one-time, complete forgiveness (in contrast to repeated, limited sacrifices), more significantly by Christ standing in our place on the cross, we are then able to (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.120)

More:  Next Page >>