 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 1841 – 1860 of 1868.
Search took 0.03 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) But don't you ever ask *why*?!? Jeez, what, are you happy with those numbers? (...) I'm so glad you asked. :-, Grab a chair, because this will take a while. I can't speak for anyone else, but I pick on the U.S. because I live there. I really (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Peruvian Indians [Re: Is the Palestinian Cause Dead? The Latest Terror Attacks]

(...) John, "They" would say that their attacks are in response to Israeli oppression and murder. Indeed, there is little doubt that the current Intifada started with Sharon’s deliberately provocative trip to Haram al-Sharif. Further, there is (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Personality test vs. Religion

Some of my thoughts on Meyers-Briggs: I have taken this evaluation twice (though I'm not sure if either time was the real evaluation and not just a quick evaluation). The first time I came out INTJ (though very close to the middle). The second time (...) (20 years ago, 1-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

In lugnet.general, Lawrence Wilkes writes: (snipped) (...) Admittedly, your succint comments provoked certain thoughts about you, your attitude and communication skills. However, despite what you might "think" it didn't in any way make me reconsider (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  More of the Usual Lies

Bush hits back at Iraq critics (URL) Mr Bush's speech was part of a new White House public relations offensive aimed at countering growing criticism of US policy in post-war Iraq, where US forces are coming under fire daily and suffering mounting (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: War

Larry you pre-suppose the question I asked required yes/no answer. I do not concede it did. I don't like yes/no questions as the respondent does not have to justify their answer. I suspect you like them for that very reason. (...) That is perhaps (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Rückkehr der Raumnazin

(...) First of all, you gotta think globally for a minute. Believe it or not, there's a whole world out there beyond our borders, and our actions have consequences that can be felt throughout. But now that you mention OUR economy, to what indicators (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.406)

  top 10 conservative idiots is exceptoinally good this week...

(URL) Pentagon Remember all those so-called "support the troops" rallies that took place before the invasion of Iraq?...I often wonder where those people are now - I mean, you don't see a lot of them around. Waving flags, parading in the streets, (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Is space property?

Warning: Long, long rant by the resident imperial historian follows. Grab a donut (or an ear of corn, if you're a Middle American like myself). ;) (...) It doesn't. The lifestyle we enjoy in the US, UK, Europe (as a whole), Japan, Oceania, Canada, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Hotel Palestine

(...) I'll agree they probably didn't give an order that the building should never be shot at. I think that order would be just as idiotic. I don't think they shot at it just to shoot at reporters though either. Which some news reports have (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: CFD: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)

(...) Fair enough. :) Relatively few people receive that cashflow from eBay's operation/existence. Many more receive cashflow and/or save time by finding the items they've been looking for, so I don't consider eBay's money-making for its owners a (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

(...) To me there are two issues. The first is do we take people into college who are not necessarily the most likely to succeed. The second issue is how do you assure someone is most likely to succeed. Since I believe it is impossible to come up (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

First off, since the primary issue here seems to be God's love. I will write with assurance he exists. (It is just a waste to debate the character of someone while debating their existence in the same post). So I am skipping over a long argument (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Libertarian Propaganda

(...) What do you gain by being smug in your insults? Why not either discuss the topic, or not? (...) I haven't and won't pretend to know your mind. I will continue to assume that you mean what you say. I can hardly do anything but. (...) Maybe you (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) To no avail, apparently. Your inability to reason is invulnerable. (...) What do you want to hear, John? That "their Creator" should be stripped frm the Declaration of Independence? Fine, I certainly support that. As Dave K has correctly (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture!

(...) I'll hold off here-- is that what you meant to say about a scientific theory being proven? IE that no contradictions "prove" it (and accepting that it is a falsifiable theory) (...) See, there's the bit that I was getting at: "reasonable (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: How to get link pages made

Oh brother (Yawn) You waste your own time getting involved when I asked Lugnet leadership to help out. You took it upon yourself to say what you did. Sorry I was so nice to at Bricks West. Situation has been resolved. Your looking at all the (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) Nah, I won't take offense. I try not to let anything said in o-t-debate get to me-- it takes all the fun out of it :) (...) No, I don't believe in him, but for the sake of the argument at hand, I'm taking it as a given. Well, ok, that's not (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3A0DB4A3.2F33B6...ing.com... (...) that the (...) the (...) Right, I brought this up here last year, while debating Larry, who was much more steadfast and aware of his stance on the abortion (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Personality test vs. Religion

(...) Ah, now there's where I'm concerned-- you added an extra qualifier to "decisive". Useful vs. Non-Useful (Dubya-esque). Each is still decisive, no? What's the 'decisive' element, minus the 'usefulness' qualification? (...) Hm. I guess that's (...) (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

More:  Next Page >>