 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 261 – 280 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Libertarian Propaganda

There isn't enough to debate around here these days ( grin) so here's some fodder. Rather than excerpting, here it is in its entireity. Note in particular point #3, which I think may be the most significant of the 5, although I'm rather fond of #1 (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: "Justice Probes eBay for Antitrust"

Susan, I don't want to start a brawl with you but I disagree with several of the points you're making. You're new here, so you may not know me and my stances, which I do not hesitate to articulate, and which I do so quite vigorously. Don't take this (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) You know, I don't get that. I've seen lots of newsgroups explode into US v. Canada or US v. UK debates, and its always so silly. Ultimately, you get a tiny little say in what goes on in your government and I get a tiny little say in mine, but (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: An armed society...(what if?)

(...) So let's see, people who don't come to the same conclusion as you do, given the same evidence, are ignorant? No--rather, I'd argue that you've determined the "truth"--or the end conclusion--before you went out looking for evidence. I'm still (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Just sign here that you waive all rights to any public health aid, and agree to reimburse the state for scrapping your remains off the road. Of course, this also points out the "parental government role" you complain about. :-) (...) As long (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 4.124)

  Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy

(...) minifg (...) my (...) Hmmmm. Why are they Native AMERICANS? What about us? In all rights they should be Native Canadians, we are the bigger country (1) no matter what the "neighbours" think... <<KM>> (1) landmass wise, not economically, we're (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 4.108)

  Re: Public transportation (was Re: Age limitations)

(...) Believe me, after living in a city that has gone through the process of hosting the Olympics, it isn't that big of a thrill. Basicly you give over all rights to your city to the IOC for 3-4 years and let them do as they will. Sure you might (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 4.082)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

(...) Sorry, not my intent...just adding the missing dictionary definitions. (...) Complaints can be forwarded to: -The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 4.078)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) I guess it depends on who you think gets to interpret the constitution and define our rights. The Supreme Court has at least sometimes supported the understanding that Larry and I share (I think), that the 9th is an umbrella for all rights (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 4.068)

  Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) I think that I think Dave is almost right. It still won't be fair. (If I understand what is meant by fair.) Larry has more marketable skills than I do and I have more marketable skills than the lady who's changing the trash can behind me. Very (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 4.056)

  Re: New Brickbay promotion

(...) He is correct. From Dictionary.com: gyp also gip (jp) Slang tr.v. gypped, also gipped gyp·ping, gip·ping gyps, gips To deprive (another) of something by fraud; cheat or swindle. n. 1. A fraud or swindle. 2. One who defrauds; a swindler. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 4.053)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) It is necessary to distinguish between "scientific proof" and "literal proof" in this context. Scientific proof is established when all observable data are consistent with theory and prediction. Literal proof is established only when something (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 4.037)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

(...) Again, from Dictionary.com: col·lect1 (k-lkt) v. col·lect·ed, col·lect·ing, col·lects v. tr. 1. To bring together in a group or mass; gather. 2. To accumulate as a hobby or for study. 3. To call for and obtain payment of: collect taxes. 4. To (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 4.037)

  Guns, guns, guns (was: Re: New Web Page)

(...) A) Many of us consider this a bad thing. B) Those on the gun-control side of things typically espouse a significant (but faulty) difference between guns and cars in that guns are intentionally dangerous. I am constantly frustrated by this, but (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 4.034)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) The US Constitution and Bill of Rights, coined by the founding fathers, all rights are God given. As in the "rights" of health care, etc., in theory, all are good ideas, in utopia. In reality, there is a difference. What does the market do? (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 4.027)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) To answer this question you first have to answer two related and subordinate questions: Is the function that this facility carries out itself constitutional? If not, then requiring ID or not is a moot question since the facility SHOULD be (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 4.026)

  Re: Cuba

(...) Sum of total happiness will be higher, per capita. There may be individual excursions from the mean. In fact there better be! (...) Communism can't be democratic, freemarket systems can't be dictatorial. (...) Unless it is moral to dispose of (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 4.026)

  Re: Not Saving Private Ryan.

(...) Yeah. I cried too. I suddendly realized I was the same species as those butchers who sent men get butchered there that day. Both sides. If Europe and N. America had solved the problem with diplomacy BEFORE it got out of hand, none of this (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 4.024)

  Re: Validity testing (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Eaton writes: . I'm asking Larry where his line is, because I believe his (...) I'd agree that there needs to be a line or gray area or something. I sense I am about to well and thoroughly wrap myself around an axle (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 4.023)

  Re: 40 Reasons to support Gun Control.

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:I2An93.779@lugnet.com... (...) up--I (...) believe (...) Which side is "the dark side" in your estimation? I don't see gun ownership "giving up". I see it as a realistic approach to self (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 4.018)

More:  Next Page >>