 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 141 – 160 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  IP (was: Re: Any suggestions on a homepage?)

(...) You can see content when you "view source"... Anyway, how do you make that view jive with your copyright views? Let's get back to those, in a separate thread. I can't even find the appropriate posts anymore. You've said earlier that you think (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.205)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Hmm. The riots in Seattle were from WTO disagreements, wasn't it? People, no matter what they believe in, sometimes do evil things. I think some the riots were caused by the civil unrest of the country, which have ironed out somewhat. I think (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.205)

  Re: IP (was: Re: Any suggestions on a homepage?)

(...) What I am talking abouit is where I use a desktop-class machine, sold by say Compaq (because I have a contract with them to supply all my machinery), instead of the server class machine or router they wopuld otherwise have sold me. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.204)

  Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Any tax, across the board, incents some behaviours and disincents others. Broadly, there seem to be at least three classes of taxation, although there may be others. These are: Income - a tax on the production of wealth Sales - a tax on the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.204)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) I agree with you. I don't think that's the argument, though. I would expect that a defense of "we truly believed this was a good insulator, our research aligned with everyone elses" ought to carry some weight. Not get the company off scot (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.199)

  Re: Intolerance and property rights

(...) This came up before and I don't have a satisfactory answer. I think one is out there, I just haven't taken the time to catalog all the stakeholders and determine their rights. My knee jerk was that IP *is* property. So you have the right not (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.197)

  Re: "Justice Probes eBay for Antitrust"

Susan, I don't want to start a brawl with you but I disagree with several of the points you're making. You're new here, so you may not know me and my stances, which I do not hesitate to articulate, and which I do so quite vigorously. Don't take this (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.193)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

Bill Farkas wrote in message ... (...) in (...) similar (...) endorsing or (...) that (...) not (...) merely (...) which is (...) Ah, but the Ten Commandments are MORE than an example of the basic principles, here they are for reference: 1 - Thou (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.182)

  Re: Reagan... not exactly libertarian, but close

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: "Ka-snip" (...) (freedom). (...) I profoundly disagree. It is liberals who are anti-freedom. Liberals are the ones trying to tax and regulate anything that moves. You are confusing freedom and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.169)

  Re: kids schooling (was :Re: Standardized tests (was: Yummy!))

(...) Parse error alert: "they" has an ambiguous antecedent. Parents or Montessori? (arguably must be Montessori, since the method can't speak to parent level of abuse, so you can't say it's not part of the method) (...) If I could afford it, I (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.151)

  Re: Million Mom March

Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) least (...) I would be in favor of a gun "license", however, I would like to see any group who can show that their are serious about how they give out the license being able to give them out (a huge (...) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.148)

  Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line))

Interesting debate. I'm not sure I can do this justice with my head hurting the way it is, but bear with me while I explore some thoughts. One thing which is clearly an issue in this debate ultimately comes down to what makes us different from other (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.117)

  Re: Mecha Legs

(...) Hey look; it's me and Larry in complete agreement. :) The DMCA apparently has a new form of intellectual property for the design of boat hulls. (From what I've read, yes, it is that limited and special purpose. If anyone has any more info on (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.117)

  Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line))

Oh gosh...lots of comments to make. Don't you people realize I need to get some work done ;-) (...) what makes us different from other living things, if (...) You say this and don't seem to answer it? What are your thoughts about the differences and (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.116)

  Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line))

(...) But in the world of predators and prey, one is attacked. One must be able to defend oneself. (...) to (...) Defense we gotta do. (...) important (...) It is ultimately about pain and suffering. And it is ultimately about killing. Both are (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.115)

  Re: Nuke Boston (was Re: Resolved: Tall SUVs should not be...)

(...) Nonsense, although that's clearly overstating the point being made by the previous poster. I give you In Congress, July 4, 1776. The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.090)

  Re: I'm lucky to be alive

(...) This topic isn't exactly an obsession of mine but I thought I'd point out that much more than certain "costs" are at stake here. And I for one am not prepared to accept that money will cover for the damages (i.e. the ability to cover for the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.087)

  Re: Thanks but no thanks

(...) Just nitpicking here, not sure of the overall relevance, but... Bad analogy. (having tried and failed to move cows and having actually fixed fences). It's a LOT easier to fix a fence that doesn't want to be fixed than to move a cow that (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.086)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3A0DB4A3.2F33B6...ing.com... (...) that the (...) the (...) Right, I brought this up here last year, while debating Larry, who was much more steadfast and aware of his stance on the abortion (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.068)

  Is space property?

Howdy and Merry Christmas all, As you probably know, I'm one of the property-rights be-all libertarians here. But I've been fixating on the role of land (or locations) as property. I have talked about the generation of property (e.g. jars of clay) (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.067)

More:  Next Page >>