 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1201 – 1220 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Latter Day Saints (was:Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color))

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote (...) It depends on what the union provides. Professional associations are one type of union where compulsory membership can be justified. And I tend to favour unions where there are substantial economies to (...) (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dan Boger writes: <snip> After Scott's last message to me, I'm going to try to take my own advice and ignore him. He's just picking a fight with you and I advise you to do the same and ignore him in this thread as well... (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Trying to understand

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz answers: (...) Okay, that makes sense. My error was that I was perceiving an analogy between gun registration and, for instance, dog licensing or car registration. The difference, if I understand it now, is (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

John: You are looking at past history and past rhetoric with blinders on. Part of The Enlightenment project was to break with the "divine right of kings." That's why there is language of that type floating around. I am not saying that there weren't (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Don't need to read it I already know it. So, could you please reread my post and several other previous ones? I ALREADY said that Turkey is not wanted. I already said that I BELIEVE PUTTING TURKEY IN IS NOT GOOD FOR ANY EUROPEAN COUNTRY RIGHT (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: A word to the international community... (Re: Vote against/for...)

(...) Well, he can assert that a majority of the estimated 39% of eligible voters chose to vote Republican, and beyond that he's welcome to believe whatever else he likes, of course. But I think he'd come across as less of a stereotypically boorish, (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Corporal punishment (was rah rah, canada!

What follows is not my best writing... I used a lot of that up today working on deliverables for my client and for BrickFest PDX. But it's a great topic and I wanted to take one more swing before I went to bed... (...) I know Chris didn't completely (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Free Speech, again

Oh heck, I snipped most of it without regard to whether I agreed with it or not... (...) No they aren't. At least not always. AM I THAT predictable? I'm not a number (in a platform plank somewhere), I'm a free man! But maybe I could make an (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads?

(...) Call me a stick in the mud, and this may be an unpopular viewpoint. I looked at this, and I looked at the earlier "Mark goes for donuts". I laughed a lot, both times. (I laughed at the E! jarjar mockumentary too.) LOTS of talent went into (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: National vote on handguns?

(...) No, you asked why I said it "WOULD be great" so I'm posing the reverse. Obviously defense is a "great" reason for having a rifle or shotgun in the home, hence it would be "great" if all Americans had them as the last measure in protecting (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) No, it's just that you and I disagree. To me the "crime", as you would call it, is the violation of the woman's body. I believe a woman is fully within her rights to have an abortion if she wants to terminate an unwanted pregnancy as long as (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?

"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message news:I2pBv7.1uJp@lugnet.com... (...) I disagree. I recognize the amazing talent of Nazi designers of the time. Their engineers especially, but also their graphic designers. Nazi (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) That's not how you phrased the point, initially. You presented these actions in the context of a baby's actions, and that's how I addressed them. If you wish to change the question at this time, then you must either address or cede the (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Newsbits

Being an avid X-Men reader for nearly twenty years now, I feel that I am at least somewhat qualified to speak on this. First off this guy’s assertion that this is an anti-Bush movie is stretching so much that even Mr. Fantastic would have trouble (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: March Madness?

(...) I don't think that the mere mention of a God connotates an invocation of that God. The pledge is directed towards the flag and to our nation-- "under God" is a description of that nation. All the phrase really means is that the majority of the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

(...) This is more offensive to me than openly going for an oil grab -- the fact that you believe these lies. When this is over and we have turned over all of those oil fields to the people of Iraq without western companies like Halliburton (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  The War That Never Ends

No one is so foolish as to prefer war to peace, in which, instead of sons burying their fathers, fathers bury their sons. - Croesus, King of Lydia in Herodotus' The Persian Wars Al-Qaeda threat 'still real' (2 URLs) The president also said the (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: An Alternative..

Richard, I am not being argumentative just for the sake of it. I am truly having difficulty seeing your side of this, and as is usually the case, wondering why you can't see mine. I made some replies below that I would like you to look at. I am (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Orrin Hatch: Software Pirate?

Orrin Hatch: Software Pirate? (URL) Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) suggested Tuesday that people who download copyright materials from the Internet should have their computers automatically destroyed. But Hatch himself is using unlicensed software on his (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Agreed, but what are they? There is a clear incongruity in the US, in that the father has _no_ say in whether the child is aborted -- it all rests with the mother, and yet the father is financially burdened with no recourse. (...) What about (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

More:  Next Page >>