 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 121 – 140 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Not at all! ;-) It simply guarantees that those who have money, be they individuals or corporations, will continute to have money and the best that it can buy, from education to property (which could thereupon be protected by these nebulous (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.008)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

Hi all, First, I would like to say a few words about the sterilization thread and Thomas' claim that there was hostility here. I want to apologize. When I first brought up sterilization it was somewhat (but not totally) facetious. I included the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.008)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Shouldn't the airspace above your property be yours, subject to deeded covenants? Obviously if we were to switch over to Liberatopia, air rights would have to be negotiated with everyone. I would expect a few airports to be forced to close (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.008)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) Marx said so. (...) It could be argued I exploietd the system could it not - that is your normal perspective. (...) Education is exploitation – what a novel way to reduce your tax bill. (...) Why not prosecute all involved? (...) I must be a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.008)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

I started twitching spastically 2/3 of the way through this. Scott, in ten years on the net, actively participating in conversations with all kinds of people with all kinds of beliefs, from all over the world, I have never, ever, met anyone as (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.008)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?))

(...) I want to understand your point here better. The above reads to me that you only respect property rights when you have willingly entered into a contract with someone. Is this really true? Do I need to sign a contract with you before I let you (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.008)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) Admirable quality, I wish more humans felt this way. People *should* feel this way, as it is good for all. (...) Why? Because he feels the government should try to take care of the people it was created to protect and serve? I think you, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.008)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) It worked. (...) Feel free to act on that belief. There are many worthy charities out there. You mentioned one of my favorites, Habitat for Humanity. We've been supporting them for an awfully long time. (...) That's where you go too far. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.008)

  Shou shalt not steal?

(...) Think I missed that thread-- But I'm gonna come in late and argue something perhaps a little more basic: Inter-human morality all boils down to: "Thou shalt respect others." Which really works great, I think. "Thou shalt not kill" => "Thou (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.007)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

Whoops... first time round was just mailed to Frank, meant to post this instead, so here it is. (...) Right. that's because I'm Libertarian Macho Flashing(tm). I do it all the time. I'm not this over the top out in public, trust me. For a somewhat (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.007)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3A0DB4A3.2F33B6...ing.com... (...) that the (...) the (...) Right, I brought this up here last year, while debating Larry, who was much more steadfast and aware of his stance on the abortion (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.007)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) I'll answer this once search is working again. (...) I'd argue that it is more important that a society ensures its citizen has the right to shelter & sustenance... before any other right. In your dreamland, those within it have all sorts of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.007)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

Your little moral problems are a sucker's trap, because you haven't stated enough assumptions and preconditions, so whatever I say will be twisted around. But hey, look up sucker in the dictionary... see that picture? that's me. (...) Why? No one (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.006)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) OK, OK, I give in. I'll feel compassion for those people in the US that for reasons beyond their control can't afford to take care of themselves. All 2 of them. That was a flippant remark, but it makes a point. If you want my help, you have to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.006)

  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

(...) The *government* decides which contracts it will recognize. It has nothing to do with how you want to behave in private. (...) What about Nudists who want to walk around naked in public? Or Copulatists (I made it up-- people who want to be (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.006)

  Re: A hypothetical economics question...

(...) leave (...) That's true to some extent. But isn't it changing the rules mid-game every time new laws are passed? Obviously we're discussing a much larger change than just adjusting our property tax rate up .25% to pay for school renovation or (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.006)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) What is that supposed to mean, exactly? I've been here all along and have been quite aware of this class of problem inasmuch as it points out a major failing in the concept of public ownership. (...) If they are breaking laws they are not (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.006)

  Re: From Richard: "It's all bad news - Chaos is my fault"

(...) There is a negative correlation between the average family size and the per capita GDP (or any of a number of other economic maturity indicators), in that as GDP goes up, people have less children. This is attributed to the shift away from (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.006)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) I don't see how you can support ideas as property at all. Remember that this means that if a person happens to have the exact same idea, independently of the other guy (and this has happened before - see Gutenberg and the others as a canonical (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.006)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) Saw it. (...) Please explain why this is a good thing and not the inmates running the asylum. Please justify how burning down the administration building is a good way to send the message that the school is not delivering appropriate classes, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.006)

More:  Next Page >>