 Off-Topic / Debate / 2778
Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:13:28 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:
Is the idea behind being on the yes side a moral one about property
rights or is it based on cultivating a relationship with TLC?  If it's a
moral one, then I guess we just disagree because the only things like
morals that I have are based on contracts (in a broad sense) to which I
have agreed, and personal aesthetics (which people sometimes
over-emotionally call honor).

I want to understand your point here better. The above reads to me that
you only respect property rights when you have willingly entered into a
contract with someone. Is this really true? Do I need to sign a contract
with you before I let you into my apartment lest you decide that you
want all my LEGO sets?

Please clarify.

--
Frank Filz