 Off-Topic / Debate / 9979
Re: Thoughts on prayer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 04:19:12 GMT

Actually, you'd enjoy the Moslem's perspective on Jesus (which I agree with)
as a prophet who took care of business. Moslem's acknowledge the willful,
uncorruptable, rebellious personality of Jesus--standing up for the
oppressed, weak and poor and defying the religious and political leadership
of the time (like Ghandi or Dr. King in our time).

Dan

   Okay, but the only problem with that is that Jesus claimed to be more
than a prophet.  I mean that's what got him killed was the "blasphemy" of
referring to himself as "I Am."  I'm sure the Moslems have a problem with that.
   By calling Jesus a prophet, you can say he had some good things to say
and pick and choose what fits your philosophy.  But for him to say, "No one
comes to the father but through me.."  Ah, that's what makes the people of
my generation spit fire.  That forces us all to make a decision about Jesus.
Was he absolutely nuts or an incredibly vindictive but skilled liar or was
he the  God he said He was?  (concept stolen from C.S. Lewis from something
I read in my childhood)
   And not to stir up anything, but I just can't see Ghandi blowing his top
in the temple like Jesus did, unless it's Weird Al's Ghandi.  :O)

Markus