 Off-Topic / Debate / 9841
Re: Carl Sagan's "Cosmos"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 02:41:46 GMT

Well, my dear friend, all I can say is watch and enjoy the "Cosmos" series
and tell me if he said "billions and billions." I can only repeat that Sagan
said he was misquoted for using that phrase in the "Cosmos" series, that he
wouldn't use such a phrase anyway because it's not his style, and that he
carefully reviewed his work to see if he actually said it but never found proof.

Any claim that he said it privately, before or after the series, doesn't
change the fact that he never said it in "Cosmos," where the misquote came
from. Of course I admire Sagan and feel bad that he died, but I don't
believe I'm taking this debate personally. I DO find it tiresome to repeat
myself, but that's life.

Dan