 Off-Topic / Debate / 9818
Re: Carl Sagan's "Cosmos"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 19:30:01 GMT

Heard him say it.  Wasn't recorded.  Doesn't mean I'm wrong or that Dr.
Sagan remembered it.  Gosh, you are taking this personally.

(yawn-----smack, smack----scratch) Like I said, the misquote came after the
"Cosmos" series because of the WAY Sagan overpronounced the "B" in
"billions." You'll never find any recorded proof he said it before "Cosmos"
either because he just didn't. The man himself checked everything he did to
see if he really said it and nothing turned up. Also, he said it's just not
his style to use that phrase. What more can I say?

You claim he DID say it before the "Cosmos" series in some private capacity
in 1985? How is that possible when the "Cosmos" series came out 5 years before?

Dan