 Off-Topic / Debate / 9803
Re: Carl Sagan's "Cosmos"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 03:29:48 GMT

Having heard him say it even before Cosmos was made, I can attest he did use
the phrase on occasion.

(yawn) Sagan wrote in his book "Billions and Billions" that the phrase is
not part of his speech and vocabulary. Ever the scientist, the guy even
carefully researched his work, his videos and interviews to find one
instance of him using that phrase. Never happened.

Now, all this information comes from Sagan himself. The man was a learned
scholar, respected scientist, honored educator and popular author. Yeah, I
heard he also hit the ganja back in the days. Oh well, that doesn't change
my opinion and confidence in his word. If you want to refute him, please be
my guest by pointing me to the proof of your assertion.

Dan