 Off-Topic / Debate / 9576
Re: Good news for collectors (was Re: 1593 box photos!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:51:54 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Death to political discussion in .fun!  Death to it!  Death!
  Death!  With nasty sharp pointy teeth!

  love and rockets,

  LFB

Why didn't you post this after Scott's post?

   Because at that point only he and I were technically "involved,"
   so I didn't feel things were out of control--merely misunderstood.
   Thus I answered with a bit more explanation, as it was my post to
   which he was responding.  When your post came up, it was no longer
   entirely up to me what was going on, yet I still somehow felt
   responsible for starting it.  Thus the general death-invocation
   above (which was meant to lighten the mood).  T'wasn't directed
   at you specifically.

   And yes, I'm familiar with Scott's much-maligned Parthian-shot
   tactics on .debate-able matters. It's just that the original post
   I made wasn't meant to start one, and I hate being misunderstood
   even when it's not wholly my fault that someone misunderstands me.

   best

   LFB