 Off-Topic / Debate / 7808
  Re: About "Plowed Territory"

(...) It could have been two words for all you read. Do you have any idea why I cited it? (...) Mighty white of....forget it, plowed ground;-) (...) At the risk (hope;) of annoying you further, I'll recite the absolute pertinent part of the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: About "Plowed Territory" - Outcomes

(...) Since we have already concluded everything as plowed ground, and the major participants concede that neither can persuade the other, I propose moving passed plowed ground to the crop yielded by the ground. Assuming that atheism were "the" (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: About "Plowed Territory"

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal repeats himself: (...) No, your point is that someone ASSERTS that everything everyone can imagine is plowed ground. Not everything actually is, John. That person is wrong. There are wonders still to discover, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: About "Plowed Territory"

(...) I made points, that for me, are unresolved, and asked an honest question because I sincerely want an answer. For me it's not plowed ground. If you don't like it, don't participate. (...) I disagree. I've learned much, and not afraid to admit, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: About "Plowed Territory"

Ohhhh, I see. EVERYTHING is plowed ground, there is nothing new under the sun. Gee, yeah, they must have brought down the walls of Jericho with a tactical nuke, because there is nothing new under the sun, they've ALWAYS existed, right? (...) -- Tom (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: About "Plowed Territory"

(...) If you sincerely thought you came up with Pascal's wager on your own, you're not very well read. Try www.yahoo.com with Pascal's Wager as search string. If you sincerely thought that no one has yet thought about how to refute it, you're not (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: About "Plowed Territory"

(...) I admit that I'm not well read, as I've said many times, I've not been to college. I honestly hadn't read Pascal nor his wager - until last night at this location, which is quite good: (URL) reading in the past has been limited in many ways, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: About "Plowed Territory"

(...) I don't know, Lar. Whether you drive a horse and cart, a 2000 LeSabre or a Hovercoupe, you are still going to wonder about the nature of your own existence and die. Maybe the little details change, but the important questions are still the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: About "Plowed Territory" - Outcomes

(...) I suggest asking a similar "honest question" to your self: "How would I personally, or anyone else for that matter, be benefited by the knowledge that there is god?" (...) So what? (...) This is the most stupid way of reasoning, unfortunately (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: About "Plowed Territory"

Tell you what, John... (...) How about this: I concede that it is not impossible(1) that the christian god as described by brand X (choose your favorite brand, there are many choices) exists. With the implication, of course, that brands Y, Z, A, B, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: About "Plowed Territory"

(...) Deal. (...) One nit...why "improbable"? -John (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: About "Plowed Territory"

(...) Done. Call me on it if I slide, as I will you. (...) This thread, not being about Religion, but rather being about the tendency for certain elements to repeat themselves, is inappropriate for an answer. Start a new thread (which I will then (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)