 Off-Topic / Debate / 7521
Re: LP POINT 3.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:54:57 GMT

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message
news:G4qp1v.87r@lugnet.com...
<tim's text zapped>

Tim,
Larry could have ended this days ago if you had just answered my points.

I don't think its that simple, but suit yourself :-)

BTW - I'll assume that the 'you' there is a typo, where 'he' should have
been there.

As for my conduct on LUGNET, you appear to be saying I'm a trouble maker • in
here - with 95% of my posts being in this group. It may be the case that
over the last week or so I have placed most of my posts in this group,
before that it was a place I seldom ventured. Indeed, in one of Larry's
attacks on me, he claimed that all my posts were to the market groups.

Second I saw you on the market groups.  And yes, I've seen you other places
in the past, this was a quick 'background check' of sorts.

If you, or Larry, don't like me, I can live with that. just don't expect • me
to reciprocate. If  you want to attack me personally, feel free - I'm • pretty
thick skinned, but I won't reciprocate. If you think my argument is wrong,
just say so. I can handle that. From:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=7476

I'm not so much commenting on your argument as I am on your conduct on
Lugnet - as what Lar referred to as '(mildly) antisocial behaviour of
post-sniping.'  What I see this as is you coming in and playing devil's
advocate too frequently - sometimes appropriately but more often annoyingly.
Just stirring up debates and ill will in general, which I've gotten from you
before ever reading your and Larry's battles, or knowing that Lar didn't
like you.

However, if you want to say I'm wrong on an issues, give me the ability to
question you also.

That's only fair.  But I'm not saying you're wrong on issues, the issues
debate I'm content to watch from the sidelines.  But when I see the nature
of your attack on the issues being distruptive even in this debate group,
that's when I jump in, admittedly annoyed, and say hold it.

If you don't think Larry and I should talk, that would suite me fine. I'm
happier talking over the issues than I am froth:

Who am I to say you and Larry shouldn't talk?  By all means, talk talk talk.
No one here is stopping you.  But at the same time some of us hold the
opinion that both of you bicker until the bitter end, mill over everything
with a fine toothed comb, and put everyone else off in the process.  Not
everyone, but I know a few others who share my feelings.  I'm saying that
the nature of your attacks, or questions, on Libertarian viewpoints are
disruptive and unfruitful - and something which I believe only to serve some
greater attack plan of yours in the future.  If Larry wants to answer one
point at a time, let him.  You've put the burden of proof on him because of
the questions you've asked.  Don't expect him to field everything at once or
even barrage him with questions.  I see it as poor form, and I'm sure there
are people who are quite irritated by it.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne