 Off-Topic / Debate / 7494
Re: LP POINT 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:25:51 GMT

I am not a registered Libertarian, but I feel my ideology closely matches
theres so let me give these a shot.

4 Quick Questions:
1. Race
Under libertarian principles, would one have the right discriminate against
others based on race?

Yes, and in a very short period of time an individual or company with such a
limited scope would be a failure; but let society and market forces
determine this not government.

2. Slave
Under libertarian principles, would one have the right sell oneself into
slavery?

No. Libertarians are not anarchists, slavery is one of the greatest evils of
human history, even voluntary slavery is abhorrant. Although sometimes at
work I feel like I am a victim.

3. Regulation
Would medical doctors etc be regulated to ensure their competence? Or could
one just buy a medical degree from a University, and open a practice?

Yes and No, There must be legal recourses against malpractice, however the
medical profession should be self governing. If your above situation were
reality, patients would have to be careful about who they chose to visit.

4. Game Shows
Would TV companies be able to air "The Running Man" type shows where
volunteer contestants fight each other to death?

No, this is a silly situation, just because Libertarians do not want
government to regulate our lives, does not mean murder becomes legalized.

Scott