 Off-Topic / Debate / 7493
Re: Today's the day.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:03:49 GMT

You say you're scared that Day will "impose" his values, but one of
the primary policies of the Alliance is to let the people determine the
values they will have in their country via referendum.

(you had to know this one was coming, Steve...)

Ya, well, lets change his name to Doris :)

(to those of you who don't follow Canadian Politics, the Canadian Reform
Alliance Party (that's C.R.A.P., if you can follow the letters...) has in its
policy book, a statement that they would have a national referendum if 3% of
the voter list support a idea.  A TV comedy show, "This Hour has 22 Minutes",
has proposed (and gotten enough support to do it) that we should have a
referendum on Stockwell Day's name, that it should be changed to Doris.  She
(Doris) is _not_ ammused, and Stockpile's view...well...frankly, he can get
stuffed.

(vote is at: http://www.22minutes.com )

I voted Liberal on my Birthday (the 16th)
(Neither the Marxist-Leninist party or the CCP were running candidates in
Algoma Manitolin, so I chose who I would rather have represent me...one of my
friends, or someone who represents what I think is bad...)

James