 Off-Topic / Debate / 7500
Re: Today's the day.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:14:35 GMT

Vote for Communism?  You're GOT to be kidding me.

Why not?  At least the CCP guy (yes, we have had a elected communist member of
Parliment, if you americans are wondering...) he _stood by_ his principals, and
voted against Canada entering WW2...(he knew we were going to war, but wanted a
statement on record, to show that we didn't want to have to fight...)

I happen to be a idealistic communist, just like Larry P is a idealistic
Libertarian.  (actually, I would have had to do some research if either the
Marxist Leninist party or CCP had ran a cadidate, because I happen to be a
Trotskite :)

I happen to be left leaning, and it is more because I feel that a vote for any
of the major parties is a vote for nothing in particular...look, this was the
great non-election in my view...NO issue, no out of time for mandate.  Of the
major parties, I think Joe Clark is the best of a really poor lot (Alexa, Jean,
Joe, Stockwell--change a very few points, and 3 of the 4 are interchangeable,
and if you think I am going to vote for someone with the policies of
Stockpile...right...sure, my mom is on disability, and we are immigrants...he
can get stuffed!

For my riding, I only had the 4 majors, no indies or Pot Party people...not
even a Yogic flyer to liven things up :)

James