 Off-Topic / Debate / 7524
7523  |  7525
Subject:
The day after disaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:01:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Powell writes:

Vote for Communism?  You're GOT to be kidding me.

Why not?  At least the CCP guy...  _stood by_ his principals...

Standing by your principals is commendable.  If you concur with
those principals, then you absolutely should vote for him.

...Alexa, Jean, Joe, Stockwell--change a very few points,
and 3 of the 4 are interchangeable...

Yes - the three "old-line" parties are various versions of the same thing.

...if you think I am going to vote for someone with the policies
of Stockpile...right...sure, my mom is on disability, and we are
immigrants...

Have you actually READ the Alliance policy platform?  You appear to
be listening to the liberal/media lies about Stockwell and the rest
of the Alliance.  Here's the link for the platform presentation:
http://www.canadianalliance.ca/index_flash_en.htm  or, here's the
Adobe version: http://www.canadianalliance.ca/_pdf/platform_en.pdf

For any curious yanks reading this, the Alliance is sort of like a
cross between the Republicans and the Libertarians (on of their
main aims is to drastically reduce the size and power of the federal
government.  You think you got it bad down there?  Try it up here,
where the three old-line parties passed a "gag law" that makes it
illegal for anyone other than a federal party to spend more than a
pittance on advertising during an election campaign.  The liberals
infamous C-68 law turns millions of ordinary citizens into criminals,
(air-guns are restricted weapons) and the police can enter anywhere
without a warrant if they say they're after guns.  The endangered
species legislation on its way is worse than yours, with confiscation
of property without compensation, (just like C-68) and Ottawa has
established that men are presumed guilty (when the accuser is feminist)
until proven innocent.  C-22 (given to Ottawa by Washington - you're
next) gives the govt. the right to monitor all financial transactions
and confiscate the funds if they deem them to be "money-laundering."

I could go on, but after yesterday's results, what's the point.

SRC