 Off-Topic / Debate / 5700
Re: Million Mom March
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 21:54:05 GMT

The thing I most object to that is advocated by gun control enthusiasts is
registration.  I wouldn't mind nearly so much if I had to pass some test or
review to acquire weapons and that would give me a card which was good for
weapons purchases for some time period.  I would still complain, but at least
the government, who I openly do not trust, wouldn't be keeping a list and
checking it twice.

You really think so, in today's infocentric society?  Come on, you're smarter
than that.  If grocery stores keep track of our purchases through their stupid
little "value" cards how hard do you think it would be for the government to
pull records of gun purchases based on this card you're describing?  You show
your ID, clerk swipes it to verify it is legit, it is verified against some
database, wham! transaction recorded.