 Off-Topic / Debate / 5691
Re: More spam (Was: VERY CHEAP SPACE SETS!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 02:04:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
Already has. Get a free ISP and a hotmail account and you're all set. Of
course then there's all the ADs.
To paraphrase a famous line from Rainman...  "Hotmail Sucks"

Not to mention that it requires JavaScript, and I can't access it via POP3 or
IMAP.  It's not an e-mail service, it's an ad revenue generator.  Sorry, but • no
thanks.

It was an example. There are other "free" mail services out there as well, such
as yahoo. Of course, they're not really FREE, they're only "free".

And it's tangential in that I agree with your main point, your email box should
not be treated like your physical mail box (Were the postal service properly
privatised, one would be able to refuse delivery of adverts one hadn't asked
for) and become a dumping ground for stuff that YOU have to pay, in time and
effort, to house and to dispose of.

++Lar