 Off-Topic / Debate / 556
  Re: Sorry

I don't agree. To me there is a fine, but pretty distinct, line between "If you have to have this RIGHT NOW, I'll hook you up, but you're gonna pay. It will be easily available later. Maybe you should wait." and "Star Wars is rare, it's going to (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) Ok. :) (...) I see a bit of difference, yes. (...) You can't STOP people from acting foolishly, but you don't have to be the one to help a fool be parted from his money, do you? (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Lego selling practices

<snip> (...) <Adam holds his nose and jumps in, flailing limbs wildly> The assumption that someone is being foolish is questionable. When the new Star Wars movies come out, I'll bet many fans would pay $50 to be able to sit in on the pre-screening (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) AMEN! Johannes Reevius, Pastorius Legorius (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) Think about what you're saying for a minute: If he's hellbent on doing it anyway, it's not morally wrong that he does it, and it's not hurting anyone except himself, it's not really any of your business whether I help him part with his cash or (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lego selling practices

(...) Right. This is, I think the crux of the disagreement. I think paying whatever a metroliner is 'worth' these days for one is foolish...sort of. It would be foolish for me because I'd rather have $300 (or whatever) worth of other stuff. For (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) I did. I think I agree with you more now than I agree with what I said earlier, if that makes sense. I think that comes close to admitting that I may have been wrong, but I'm not sure because I don't do it that often. :) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) I think I agree with you now Mike. Although my initial gut feeling was similar to yours, I think that is due to past experience with other collectible scalper types. How is this any different than everyone pre-ordering the sets from S@H at (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) YM Darwininan. HTH. HAND. Jasper (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

<about someone buying stuff at a really high price> (...) There's a couple of points there. Firstly, I don't think there was anything wrong with what Daniel was doing. As several people have pointed out, he was honest about what he was selling. I'm (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) How many of the population out there would think we're all pretty silly for wanting to spend money on some plastic bricks anyway? Quite a few I'd suspect. So perhaps we ought to be wary about saying someone is foolish in spending money on (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) No, I meant Darwinian (Hey! who turned my "w" upside down?) Barry (26 years ago, 21-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) *slowly, his jaws widen into an evil looking grin* Hi, Barry. Guess? Jasper (26 years ago, 21-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)