 Off-Topic / Debate / 5071
Re: The Nugator Company for Sale ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 02:32:55 GMT

Some of what you say is true but I'd advocate that you, or others interested • in
this topic, dig a little...  in .publish I believe it was someone posted an
absolutely excellent pointer to a trademark case involving Clue Consulting and
Hasbro. The judge's opinion in that case is massively instructive and very • well written.

++lar

Hey, excellent pointer.  Wow--all that legal stuff.  I just read 99% of it and
I have to agree with the decision.  One statement made by the court judge that
I particularly agree with is this:

      "If another Internet user has an innocent and legitimate reason for
      using the famous mark as a domain name and is the first to register
      it, that user should be able to use the domain name, provided that
      it has not otherwise infringed upon or diluted the trademark."

As per my previous argument, this was my point and I think that the court judge
made a fine decision based upon an exhaustive finding of fact.

For the pointer previously in lugnet.publishing Larry refers to, see here -->
http://www.lugnet.com/publish/?n=1426

                   Kevin Salm
....The biggest fan of the Gray Lego brick....
build every day for maximum satisfaction....