 Off-Topic / Debate / 4981
  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) fold (...) I was speaking about the posting of them in general, not necessarily in schools, and certainly not about the teaching or preaching of them. Besides, their from Judaism and I'm not Jewish. (...) founding (...) It doesn't remain, (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bill Farkas writes: : (...) Go back earlier in this string. You specifically said schools. As to the rest, splitting hairs, or do you deny that the 10 commanmants are part of your religion? (...) see (...) Why bother (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) I did go back and I never used the word schools. (URL) responded to Patricia Schempp who mentioned schools. I have concictently been talking only about the concept of merely posting them, not legislating the posting of them. And I never said (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) on (...) your (...) She said that they shouldn't be and your argued otherwise. You are just splitting hairs. This lack of candor is getting tiresome. (...) been (...) as (...) Shroud your argument how you will, you still want to supplant (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Besides, (...) I'm not splitting hairs. Words mean things, and I choose mine carefully. Most of the time - don't talk to my wife though. It is not a lack of candor, it has to do with being misrepresented and having words put in my mouth. I (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  (Ten Commmandment discussion with School, etc.) Was: Re: Mormon bashing again

Folks, I know this is downgrading to another debate, so I renamed it, and see if we can clear this up. Anyway, if I remember my own school days, my world history class was my first real experiences with this stuff. I know I had some more earlier, (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

Here is a great cartoon this reminded me of. (URL) S. (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: (Ten Commmandment discussion with School, etc.) Was: Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) My belief is that religion should not be emphasized in public schools, but nor should it be rooted out; it should be recognized as a profound emphasis in human cultures, and, as such, it should be discussed, but moderately, since parents have (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Schools (Was: Ten Commmandment discussion with School, etc.) Was: Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) I can't speak towards the schools themselves, but I know that for the last 10 years or so, we've had groups like the Christian Coalition, Focus on the Family, etc. sponsoring not-so-stealthy "stealth" school board candidates with, shall we (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: (Ten Commmandment discussion with School, etc.) Was: Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Thank you! Too many parents are abdicating their responsibility in this respect, and then complaining when the instrument of government doesn't raise their children as they want them raised. (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: (Ten Commmandment discussion with School, etc.) Was: Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Agreed. When people refuse or fail to be self-governed, then the government will take over that office. The U.S. government has over-legislated because a great many people have abdicated personal responsibility and duty. People fail to give (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) I've not been there, so I can't say what the circumstances are. But if they're posted in a way that implies primacy, rather than as one of many examples of laws, that's wrong. (...) Feel free to do so on your private property, but there's a (...) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) And my point is only this, don't read anything else into it: If this one example of historic law had a major influence, where others didn't, I don't think it's wrong. The constitution forbids legislating in favor of or against any religion - (...) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  The 10 Cs in schools (was Mormon...)

I know this is a big snip but I want to make room for my rant... (...) And therein lies the flaw with Democracy. I have done nothing to deserve the penalty of being a subject of the majority rule. If 51% of the people insist that 2+2=5, that doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)