 Off-Topic / Debate / 5022
5021  |  5023
Subject:
(Ten Commmandment discussion with School, etc.) Was: Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 01:49:06 GMT

Folks,

I know this is downgrading to another debate, so I renamed it, and see
if we can clear this up. Anyway, if I remember my own school days, my
world history class was my first real experiences with this stuff. I
know I had some more earlier, but this is my recent memory. My 9th grade
world history teacher took a fair approach in my evaluation, he said,
how did the world began, he had religious views (Christianity & Judaism,
Muslim, others), and the Big Bang Theory, Evolution, and some other
theories. He didn't say one was better or not, just put them out. That
is a decent way to learn things, IMHO.

I am curious, though, in regards to the school debate, do you think the
schools today have an agenda in terms of teaching, in my view, the way
they want rather than a balanced approach? I am in strong support of
giving the parents the authority and choice to send the kids to
different schools through vouchers, competition, etc. I think the public
schools are becoming very biased, not teaching what in my estimation is
critical, and producing some really bad results.

If there is a voucher system, can the parents pick a religious school,
since they are paying for it, or not?

Some points to ponder,

Scott S.

P.S. To Bill, in regards to perception on Christians on Lugnet, I think
there is some misperceptions here, because I feel the same way.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html