 Off-Topic / Debate / 3115
Re: Welcome to the Ohs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 22:51:07 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message ...
Well, if we were to stick to convention, does anyone have any solid
historical evidence of whether people living around the end of the first
millennium considered 1000 or 1001 to be the first year in the new
millennium? How about 1800/1801 1900/1901 for centuries?

Frank

   My grandmother born in 1899 probably would have the answer re 1900/01,
but she just passed away this past year.  The oldest living person
(according to the Guinness Book) born in 1880 would know it, too, but she
died 2 days ago.  I'm sick of people dying.
--
   Have fun!
   John

"Censorship is yet another tool in the dumbing-down of America
by a power structure that relies on a populace too lazy or ignorant
to think independently." -Vanessa McGrady