 Off-Topic / Debate / 3114
3113  |  3115
Subject:
Welcome to the Naughties (was Re: Welcome to the Ohs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 22:52:26 GMT

I prefer the "naughts" or "naughties" to the "Ohs".

On the whole topic, I found it interesting that last century, public
opinion was pretty solid on the start being 1901 (the Grand Rapids MI
Press published an excerpt from the Jan 1 1900 and Jan 1 1901 front
pages that made it pretty clear that everyone thought it was the latter)

But heck, I had a great time last nite, got tipsy, spent some very high
quality time with Josette, got a chance to wear my tux, and I don't have
(much) of a hangover. So I'll be happy to do it again next year.
Although hopefully it won't cost me 900 bucks like it did this year.

Good FUT, Frank.