 Off-Topic / Debate / 28167 (-20)
  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

(...) Do you? You stated in the post before this that you have no idea what info the gubmint has on these people, now you seem to know the facts. Which is it? You know, incarceration != guilt. The gubmint either needs to take the time to prove (...) (18 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

Dave, Please don't waste my time (and other) posting links to a site where you have to PAY to read the news. I'm sure you could have found the same basic info in a free link to post here. And just in case you try to say "it doesn't cost much in (...) (18 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Good luck with that...

(URL) Lebanese-born German, who accuses the CIA of having kidnapped and tortured him, says he is determined to get an apology from the US authorities." A Canadian sent to Syria by the US gov't to be tortured, was eventually released because of (...) (18 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Are we done with teh 'Bush is good to the country' meme yet?

(...) "Every nation has the government it deserves." Joseph de Maistre w. (true survivor of the "Berlusconi" government) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Are we done with teh 'Bush is good to the country' meme yet?

(URL) Jan. 29 — President Bush has signed a directive that gives the White House much greater control over the rules and policy statements that the government develops to protect public health, safety, the environment, civil rights and privacy" THe (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Proof that Canadians are insane

(...) Our nation's capital has enuf fruits and nuts and vegetables, thank you very much. Though, didn't Dubya come from texas? He's the biggest nutcake of 'em all... nuts and bananas.... a banana split! I'm hungry now Dave K (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Proof that Canadians are insane

(...) Mmmmmmmmm.... Bananaaaaaaa Gaagghahghaghghghghhhhhhhh.... (Homer Simpson drool...) Dave K (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Proof that Canadians are insane

(...) Ohhhhhh I see. You are a banana SNOB. OK. As long as we both understand. As I see it, this momentous project is not so much about the technical feat involved, or the GREATNESS of the loft; but that you just HATE the idea that a LARGE, YELLOW (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Proof that Canadians are insane

(...) Look, all's I'm saying is that if a group of Canadians want to put a giant banana in the sky, there's plenty of room over Ottawa. DaveE (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Proof that Canadians are insane

(...) um, AND? this makes perfect sense. whats NOT to get? or is it cause it's over TEXAS? Chris (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Proof that Canadians are insane

(URL) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Bringing it back to what started it all...

Turns out that Mr. Arar was a *Canadian* citizen who was born in Syria. (URL) Arar is a computer engineer and Canadian citizen who was abducted by the U.S. Government in 2002 and sent to Syria for a year to be tortured despite having no terrorist (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

(...) Hey, Chris-- long time! (...) clunk (jaw on desk) (...) I would. It's honest and correct. We shouldn't have to apologize for protecting our national interests IMO. Nobody else would. (...) spppp (monitor sprayed by pop) LOL (...) Is that the (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

(...) Well, that is only thanks to the Israelis when they wiped out Osiraq. (...) Please. Radicals would have nuked us long before Bush had they the means and opportunity. (...) Which is exactly why we shouldn't allow them to acquire them! (...) (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

Hey all :) (...) That doesn't do much to address the point, Dave! You're right, but John probably is too. (...) To secure a stronghold on the oil-fields of the Middle-East in preparation for protecting the US supply chain and projecting force into (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

(...) Ah, yes. Dr. Rice's famous "smoking gun mushroom cloud" argument. Sorry, but that's not sufficient. Hussein did not have and was not actively seeking a nuclear weapons program, so any argument based on that premise is invalid. It may be the (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

(...) If that's true, then the appropriate course of action must be to err on the side of preserving liberty. Instead, in the fear-soaked aftermath of 9/11, we saw the Congress tripping over itself in its abdicate its Constitutional responsibility, (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

(...) Look at it as an investment in future security. Calculate the cost of a nucular (sic) detonation on one of our cities. (...) I don't think that the troops have a problem with this, so why on earth do the dems and the left have one? (...) We (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

(...) Democrats aren't, with a few noted exceptions, calling for immediate withdrawal, so your question is misleading. Still, the benefits of departure would be many: among them, we'd stop wasting billions of dollars each month; we'd get our troops (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

(...) I don't see an upside of leaving at this time, but I see a big downside. What's the rush? I think it is driven more by hatred for President Bush than it is for a desire for the overall security of the US. Because the war is a policy of (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact