 Off-Topic / Debate / 27842
Re: Newdow in the News (again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:47:53 GMT

***snip of quite a rant!***

yo did say you missed the 'good ol' days'...

:)

I'm just fed up with sitting around whilst these bullies behind the pulpit hit
us over the heads with what we should be doing (or shouldn't be doing) and
saying they preach the word of 'the God of love' whilst gerrymandering in
anything and everything that brings grief and suffering to others.

Gay marriage, just to start.

and my aforementioned meddling in medicine.

And lest we forget, creationist theory (or intelligent design).

It's time someone stand up to these bullies and call crap.  Jon Stewart's doing
a fine job.  Stephen Colbert had a wonderful shot a few months back.

But the Rush's and the Hannity's and, need I mention--Couter's--are still
spewing their hatred towards anything 'not them'--and we rant and rave a bit,
but, in the end, they know they'll get away with it 'cause they always have.

Dave K

Yet let's not allow access to the vaccine based on 'promiscuity'

That reminds me of recent studies showing that so-called "abstinence pledges" or
"virginity pledges" are often every bit the sham that one might expect.  The
majority of kids who take the vows violate them as often as they can, and they
typically lie about their pre-vow chastity, too.

Hey, if abstinence is your thing, more power to you.  But it's been shown time
and again that abstinence-only wishful thinking is no defense against the
realities of hormone-steeped adolescence.

Dave!