 Off-Topic / Debate / 27642 (-10)
  Re: At last, some family-values legislation I can really get behind!

(...) **snip** (...) DaveE's (URL) comments> made me realize a few other weaknesses in this argument. First, you're apparently equating homosexuality with being a centenarian or a polygamist, at least to the extent that you think that Hagen is (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: At last, some family-values legislation I can really get behind!

(...) Well, if he had picked something slightly more equivalent, like "personality type X" or "brown eyes" or "under 5 feet tall", it wouldn't quite get the same type of media attention he's looking for. But I think his point still stands-- IE that (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: At last, some family-values legislation I can really get behind!

(...) In that case, maybe he needs to join the GOP. (...) Not at all. He equates the utter lack of supporting data for Hood's bogus (though seriously-intended) legislation with the utter lack of supporting data for Hagen's own bogus (and (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: At last, some family-values legislation I can really get behind!

(...) Mr. Hagen shouldn't quit his day job at the public teet for a career in comedy. He might have a promising career as a professional hypocrite, however. Hagen equates being a republican to being gay. Certainly one can change their party on a (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  At last, some family-values legislation I can really get behind!

(URL) Good luck, Mr. Hagan!> Hagan admitted that he has no scientific evidence to support the above claims. Just as `Hood had no scientific evidence'' to back his assertion that having gay parents was detrimental to children, Hagan said. Dave! (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: "Australia will become dominated by Muslims"

(...) And, probably, the next federal election too. Cheers Richie Dulin (19 years ago, 15-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "Australia will become dominated by Muslims"

(...) She just needs to throw in gay marriage and she'll win my right-wing conspiracy theorist of the year competition. Tim (19 years ago, 14-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Are you sure about the latter? ;) Scott A (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  "Australia will become dominated by Muslims"

(URL) latest news from down-under: Australia will become a muslim dominated nation in 50 years if our current abortion rates continue. Yeah right. OK. Maybe if we're currently producing politicians like Danna Vale, a muslim nation in 50 years would (...) (19 years ago, 14-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) This is SO obvious-- we are engaged in an violent struggle (ie war) with radical Wahabi muslims. If the rest of Islam doesn't not stand up against these extremists, they are allowing THEM to define themselves (the rest of Islam) and their (...) (19 years ago, 13-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact