 Off-Topic / Debate / 27327 (-20)
  Re: The Guardian unworthy of toilet paper?

(...) Am I correct in seeing another fallacy here, not necessarily one on Bennett's behalf, but more of one in general? That being that it is instead economics that drives or motivates crime, not race as Freakonomics seems to put forth and that then (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Guardian unworthy of toilet paper?

(...) Here's (URL) the audio> And the transcript: CALLER: I noticed the national media, you know, they talk a lot about the loss of revenue, or the inability of the government to fund Social Security, and I was curious, and I've read articles in (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Guardian unworthy of toilet paper?

(...) Apart from the slightly sensationalistic title I don't see how this article is a smear at all. It is quite factual and clearly states that he qualified his statement. If you disagree with his anti-choice politics not being spelt out in the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Guardian unworthy of toilet paper?

(...) Well, let's be fair. Bennett's comments were so hideously ill-considered that only the most far-right of media outlets have come out in support of him. There's a lot of "what he really meant was" going on post hoc, but the bottom line is what (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  The Guardian unworthy of toilet paper?

(URL) Case closed> Nevermind that Bennett is pro-life. What a smear. And even the Bush administration runs for cover from political hack fallout. Brutal. JOHN (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Samson and Delilah

I'll reply to Felix here just so it goes into ot-debate instead of .build. (...) First of all, thanks. I love the challenge of coming up a new look for each of the many and various peoples mentioned in the Bible. And it's really a tribute to the (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Samson and Delilah

Tim and Felix, Can you please move such non-Lego discussions out of the .build group? Thanks, Clark (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Green Classic Spacemen...

(...) No. Its just dumb. I think in grade school kids would say if you wore green you were gay. This is about as mature. (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Samson and Delilah

(...) Cool, thanks for those links. I hadn't seen those. (...) Oh my. LEGO tape. What wouldn't be possible if I allowed myself to use that! Must resist the evil urge! :) -Brendan (FUT set back to .ancient) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Samson and Delilah

(...) Good point, and I agree with your solution. (...) On the topic of customization of that hairpiece, this reminds me of Pat Morgan's customized (URL) Saxon>. Bill Vollbrecht did something very similar with his (URL) Willy Wonka>. (...) Go to (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Say Whaa????

(...) Well, it's hard to assess the quality of the study based on this article, which implies that the study finds a causative link between religion and social ills. However, it seems that the study may only cite a correlation between the two, which (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Say Whaa????

(...) There is more to being a Christian than saying "I’m a Christian"... look no further than that lying-murdering-cowa...Christian” Bush Jr to see what I mean. Scott A (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Say Whaa????

(...) I agree with you that this study is complete BS. He has found a correlation between the USA having bad social problems and the USA having lots of religious people. That's not exactly breaking news. To then link the two is preposterous at best. (...) (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Say Whaa????

(URL) My initial reaction: this is the biggest pile of horses hit I've ever heard! But have at it. I'm going off to see if I can find the study somewhere and find out where this complete idiot went wrong... JOHN (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07

(...) Agreed, yes- sorry if I misread what you said. I don't recall seeing where Eric brought up that point, but no matter. Again, I don't really care what Eric has done to other folks out of the current context. It has nothing to do with Space, and (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Eric's mouth problem (was Re: Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07)

(...) I agree. To all: Please don't swear or include them in quotes. thanks. Also, try to keep casual conversation out of the administrative area. -Suz (19 years ago, 25-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Eric's mouth problem (was Re: Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07)

(...) SNIP Nice going you guys! only 6 more before the thread gets suppressed! Keep at it!!! Legoswami (19 years ago, 25-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07

(...) Tim, thank you for your honesty. Then I too am sorry. I was p**ssed as well. I'll take your advice. Though I generally try to already. I don't want to chase people away, but I will confront those who have ill will towards me. Either way, I am (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07

(...) Hi Eric, I'm sorry for the insulting tone in the parent email. You p**ssed me off and I was a lot ruder than I should have been. I would suggest that both you and I need to be less rude to other people. Either way, I am sorry for being nasty. (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Heads up, atheists

(...) Man, feeling quite proud of himself, then went on to prove that black is white and got himself killed at the next zebra crossing... -HHGTTG--the next bit. You can read volumes into this, but basically, even though I know that DA was a 'devout (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact