 Off-Topic / Debate / 27316
Re: Say Whaa????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:52:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:

My initial reaction: this is the biggest pile of horses hit I’ve ever heard!

But have at it.

I’m going off to see if I can find the study somewhere and find out where this complete idiot went wrong...

JOHN

I agree with you that this study is complete BS. He has found a correlation between the USA having bad social problems and the USA having lots of religious people. That’s not exactly breaking news.

There is more to being a Christian than saying “I’m a Christian”... look no further than that lying-murdering-cowardly-“Christian” Bush Jr to see what I mean.

Scott A

   To then link the two is preposterous at best. If there was another large country with a high level of religiousness but a quite different social structure with similar levels of social problems he might have a point.

Which just goes to the evidence pile that studies published in newspapers are more often rubbish than not.

Oh well!

Tim