 Off-Topic / Debate / 27262 (-20)
  Re: Question about job security

Hmm. It sounds like he needs to setup and chair a committee to investigate his own ineptitude. I note that he is now accepting aid from those nitwits at the UN... Scott A (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Question about job security

Why hasn't Dubya fired Michael Brown? Why hasn't Dubya fired Michael Chertoff? While he's been President, has Dubya ever fired anyone? While he's been President, has Dubya ever fired anyone for anything other than a perceived lack of loyalty? (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) Actually, as he has said, he is 17. In the UK certainly, that would make him not a minor (for a lot of things anyway*, confusing world that it is :) ) Tim *Allowed to get married and serve in the army, but not to buy alcohol or vote (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) I had a great-uncle who was a 15 year-old miner before The Great Depression, if that helps. At least, I hear that he was great. Dave! (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) If he lived a country where the age of majority was 15, would you still consider him a minor? (I don't think it is 15 in India BTW) Tim (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) Just ignore him, he's a Space Nazi(TM). (...) Is that Tormod 'the modder of bricks' or Tormud 'the Tor of earth' (as Lenny stated) ? pete'Torte'.w (the Tor of desserts) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX) !

  Re: The big disconnect regarding NOLA

It must be humbling to see your unilateralist president begging for international help. If people were not dead/dying, it would be funny. Scott A (...) (19 years ago, 4-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  The big disconnect regarding NOLA

(URL) the government version of what's going on in NOLA, and there's what appears to be the truth. Tangentially, this blog makes fascinating reading: (URL) (19 years ago, 4-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) I wouldn't directly correlate humans and rats, either. Rats turning on each other in bad situations is an 'instinctive defense mechanism' that they can't consiously do anything about. Humans, on the other hand, even though we have 'instinctive (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gas prices in USA

My brother in law in Atlanta paid $5 a gallon. I just paid $2.80 in California, which usually leads the nation in artificially manipulated prices. -->Bruce<-- (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gas prices in USA

(...) Not for everyone. Those who are wealthy enough not to have to worry about a 60 or 80% increase in the price per gallon aren't going to be affected at all, except perhaps to enjoy a larger profit from their oil stocks. Raising the prices serves (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) I hope that some information I can add here might be helpful. I do have a handfull of contacts in Japan that I converse with regularly via e-mail. And even though I have done a larger number of trades - I can only speculate why they didn't (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) That’s discussed at some length in “Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors” by Ann Druyan and the late Carl Sagan. They stress that one can’t always predict human crisis-response based on the behavior of rats, but real-world examples make one wonder (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) What were those tests done with rats in a cage-- a few rats in a large cage with lots of food and water, no problem many rats in a small cage with hardly any food and water--mass pandemonium We've seriously not evolved that far from the other (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Hmm. (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) Dear Jake, I am not trying to attack a faceless monster here, I am responding to Lenny's claims that you guys were personally being in some way harrassed/ attacked/ asserted against in my original post. I believe that you love your job enough (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) Well, I wasn’t upset because you said that, I was upset because the ambassadors didn’t do the same. (...) You certainly didn’t offend me by the statement. I thought it was great that applications spanned the globe. And disappointed that it (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) I know it might be nearly impossible to believe, but I'll say it anyway - the group responsible for this program is much much smaller than you might believe. I know that when you talk about a company, any company, it's extremely easy to turn (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.lego, FTX) !

  Re: Gas prices in USA

(...) Personally, I don't see the problem. I see a (hopefully temporary) product shortage due to an unplanned for natural catastrophe. Google for "katrina colonial pipeline". There was a BusinessWeek article that came out in the past two days that (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) Jake said "The application pool spanned the globe". Maybe "spanned the globe" is now a turn of phrase meaning "spanned europe and north america"? Maybe Jake could share some evidence otherwise? Cheers Richie Dulin (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact