 Off-Topic / Debate / 25699
Re: Fair and Balanced, as always.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:59:02 GMT

(snip)
   campaign calling for the retraction of a news story and the release of source-names because of a possibly incorrect aspect of a news story about Bush?

A “possibly incorrect aspect of a news story”? You missed your calling, Dave!-- you shoulda been a whirling physician:-)

Well, I beg your pardon, but has the document been proven to be a forgery?

How can it? CBS refuses to release it for scrutiny! And besides, they only have photocopies...

   And, if so, has CBS been shown to have had foreknowledge that it was forged?

Did they even check the veracity of the memos? Their supposed “expert” is even distancing himself from them! It’s hack journalism at best.

   No? Then it’s not at all inaccurate to refer to it as a “possibly incorrect aspect of a news story,” since the story dealt with a lot of evidence beyond the memo.

What do you think should be done about scumbag Novak, by the way?

I’m not too up on that case, but his explanation seems reasonable.

JOHN