 Off-Topic / Debate / 24547
Re: Costs and Benefits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:42:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
If the cost is $3,400 per household, what is the value of the benefits?

Doesn't sound right.  That figure is tiny compared to some of the
ideas proposed here, such as free university tuition.  I think you
could only get about a month of schooling at a private university
for that price.  (You can't compare to tuition at a public school
because they've already got a substantial sum of our money.)