 Off-Topic / Debate / 24415
Re: i decided to
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 05:24:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.castle, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Ross Crawford wrote:

Tim, did you get out on the wrong side of bed this morning, or something? I mean
I like good grammar & spelling as much as the next guy (probably more) but I
don't think you have to be so rude about it. You could simply point out that as
Lugnet is used by many as a reference, it's value is vastly improved if posters
spend a little extra time composing their submissions.

I've simply noticed this as a pattern for Daniel over years of time. The last
time he posted, others pointed out this very behavior before with no responses
from him: http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=19928

Yep, I'm well aware of the history.

I might be wrong, but it looks to me that he doesn't care enough to make the
effort. I seriously doubt Daniel would respond to a more indirect suggestion for
to write a cohesive message. I find it difficult to respect people who ignore
correction, polite or impolite.

Well I doubt he'll respond to direct suggestion either, so why make the
newsgroup seem less friendly by posting it?

ROSCO

FUT: .o-t.debate

This is, in my considered opinion, *off topic* for the off-topic.debate
newsgroup as it has to do with the norms and standards of LUGNET itself.

If you have an issue with the approach Tim, or anyone else, uses to try to
improve things on LUGNET, in my view, you should be discussing it in an admin
group, which is where discussion of that sort belongs. (as does the meta
discussion of whether it belongs anywhere else, for that matter)

FUT admin.general