 Off-Topic / Debate / 24412
Re: i decided to
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 04:45:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Ross Crawford wrote:

Well I doubt he'll respond to direct suggestion either, so why make the
newsgroup seem less friendly by posting it?

"seem less friendly" ... I'm sorry, but this just sounds like political
correctness where it doesn't belong. If someone is too sensitive for a direct
post like that, I feel sorry for them.

You're assuming everyone here is as mature as you. Which discounts the young
LEGO fans who may be lurking in .castle, and be put off by such a post. Yes,
maybe their parents should explain what such a post means, but if a young kid
chooses not to become involved in the community because of it (even if only
temporary), does that make it a good outcome?

I think as an important member of the community, you should take more time to
consider the pros and cons of such a post. If you want to tell him directly,
please do so - via email. The response from him will probably be the same, the
result for the comunity will be less negative.

I don't consider that "politically correct", I consider it "more positive for
the community".

ROSCO