 Off-Topic / Debate / 24211
  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) Ummm, I take it that you aren't going to answer the question... Let's see: you basically blamed Kerry for any attack (and ignored that Americans traditionally rally around the incumbent if attacked, which means any attack is actually an aid to (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) I'm confused. It seems that John's answer was very clear from the snipped quotes above. 1. "A delay for logistical reasons would be valid." Expanding on John's point, I would suggest that something such as Dave's hypothetical about a power (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) I agree 100%. I very much doubt an attack will occur on US soil on the scale of 911 before the election. I know I'm a cynic, but I read some of Bush's 'warnings' as partly fear-mongering & partly electioneering. I feel there is an attempt to (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) I didn't expect a green-eyed inquistition...:-) (...) I think you misunderstood my post, -->Bruce<--, if not completely. 1. Assuming an attack came on, oh, for old time's sake, 9-11 (al-Qaeda seems to enjoy this kind of Islamic brand of (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) This is a point worth unpacking. Although the election in Spain was influenced by the train bombing, the fact that most of the Spanish electorate opposed the Iraq war was as least as important. In the US, the drumbeat for war was communicated (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) Only because someone decided paper ballots aren't good enough any more. ROSCO (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) It's clear? Did he mean Marshal Law the comic? Martial law? I'm so confused... ;-) (...) I think Dave!'s scenario implies a longer term than "a few days", otherwise there isn't a lot of point to the question. Basically John is restating the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) Actually, I understood you better than you did, I think. :-) (...) But you wanted to plant the notion that such an attack would be to aid Kerry, regardless of what Kerry would want. It was just the spin you had to put on it when it really (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) You may indeed be correct; I can tell you that if we did get attacked, you can bet that conservatives would fear a "Spanish response", and would spin the attack as an attempt by al-Qaeda to influence the outcome in order to elect Kerry (who, (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) I'm sorry. I was referring to "Marshall Crenshaw" (or was that cole slaw.... perhaps I meant Cole Porter, or maybe even (URL) Coalporter>) Yeah, that's the ticket! (What's that you say, Scott? More plagarism???) (...) Come on, the question was (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) LOL Many don't appreciate the (URL) electronic variety> either! JOHN (20 years ago, 4-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) Well if you want my opinion, then give it to me already! (...) I wasn't spinning; I was just predicting how conservatives would spin it. (...) Yup. Hard to predict what such an event would precipitate. (...) Again, I would be against a delay (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) I keep looking for something like marshal/marshall/martial....oh wait, there should be a comma after "valid". You sneaky devil - I almost missed it! Do I win a cookie? (Flakey Flix, fudge, no substituting Jack Stone macrofigs) Oooo...ooops, (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)