 Off-Topic / Debate / 24223
Re: Question for the Conservatives out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 04:08:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

   I think you misunderstood my post, -->Bruce<--, if not completely.

Actually, I understood you better than you did, I think. :-)

Well if you want my opinion, then give it to me already!

1. Assuming an attack came on, oh, for old time’s sake, 9-11 (al-Qaeda seems to enjoy this kind of Islamic brand of numerology), I certainly wouldn’t blame Kerry, I’d blame the perps.

But you wanted to plant the notion that such an attack would be to aid Kerry, regardless of what Kerry would want. It was just the spin you had to put on it when it really didn’t address the question.

I wasn’t spinning; I was just predicting how conservatives would spin it.

2. Second, I think that there would be a very real possibility that Kerry would win the election because everyone would blame Bush (as what happened in Spain).

If people tie it to the dubious Iraq war, maybe, but they seem to still support that, so maybe not. If they tie it to 9-11, only if he was non-vigilent. Otherwise, rally round the flag, boys.

Yup. Hard to predict what such an event would precipitate.

3. I wouldn’t like it if we were attacked, Bush got reelected, and then the Left cranked up the rhetoric another notch at a time when it would be more important than ever to come together as a nation (in the case of some nuclear disaster).

This scenario is about Bush avoiding an election, not winning it. Note how you keep trying to shift this to attacks on the left rather than just stick to the scenario at hand? You do this all the time, John.

Again, I would be against a delay unless for obvious, logistical reasons (as I listed). I think you are perceiving attacks where there are none (intended, anyway). I really have absolutely no desire to see Bush in office unless he was elected to serve there (allow me) That never stopped him before! (rim shot)

I wouldn’t even mind if Kerry got elected if it resulted in the Left taking the war on terrorism more seriously.

I wouldn’t mind Bush getting elected if the Right would start taking the war on terrorism intelligently. :-)

Well, I lied.

Partisan hack:-)

JOHN