 Off-Topic / Debate / 23837
  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) I'd rephrase again--the path is theoretically infinite, for if you set up this exact scenario using real life lasers, ball-bearings nad spinning tools, within a set amount of time something will break down--or the path of the laser, over time, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) I think you're blurring the distinction between "impractical in practice" and "impossible in reality." Whether or not we can devise an mechanism that will exist for eternity is irrelevant. The fact that we can create an unbounded (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) I concur--a concept of infinity existing on a two dimensional surface of a sphere is a valid one. But the operative word here is *concept*. In reality, in the physical universe, the surface isn't infinite for it is subject to the finite issues (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys wrote: Please read this whole post (or at least the bottom part) before replying. I may be onto something... (...) Well, let's identify another distinction that seems to be causing us some trouble. You're (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) Okay, I've thought about it more. And I've decided that my example is 100% faulty. Even if such a theoretical perfect sphere could be said to exist in the real universe, there'd be no way for us to verify it, because we'd have no way to verify (...) (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) It takes you FIVE YEARS to admit you're wrong, Dave!? Or have you just been thinking about the example for that long? I don't believe that you had even procreated before this discussion. ROFL JOHN (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) Well, it's not as though I was thinking about it every day, but it was sort of bubbling on the back burner, along with a hundred other random things. Jon Palmer's post in ot.pun was another of them, but I already commented on that one a while (...) (16 years ago, 8-Nov-08, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) I'm not sure what to make of this; I'll get back to you in a few years. JOHN (16 years ago, 10-Nov-08, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) Oooo, there's still hope for Myers-Briggs! DaveE (16 years ago, 10-Nov-08, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) See, this is why people should never admit when they've made a mistake. And I will continue to ridicule the Myers-Briggs Test Instrument while there is breath in my lungs and blood in my veins, thank you very much. Dave! (16 years ago, 11-Nov-08, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) I'm sure you'll have at least two or three ways of getting in touch with me at that time... Dave! (16 years ago, 11-Nov-08, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)