 Off-Topic / Debate / 23297
Re: Some people call Buicks "boats"...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 21:43:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

Does the propaganda live up to reality in the USA?

Scott A

It could be worse - we could have idiot royalty.  Now that would really be lame.
But then again, their antics can be amusing.

To be less silly, what country lives up to its propaganda?  Is the U.S. the land
of the free and the home of the brave, a land of opportunity?  Yes, for the most
part.  Hardly perfect (look how Bush got elected).  Has it's faults.  But it
makes my short list of countries I'd be willing to live in.  Consider that my
Irish ancestors voted with their feet on what they thought of Great Britain.
:-)

-->Bruce<--