 Off-Topic / Debate / 22714
Re: Delicious!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:15:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:
http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0744/

In my opinion, this is off topic for .fun ... it more properly belongs in
.debate.

I presume you know that, Dave!

It's also kind of annoying because it asks me if I want to install something or
another (some spyware presumably, I turned it down pretty fast so I forget)...
which I find ironic for a site ostensibly concerned with consumers. Those "do
you want to install X" boxes are not stopped by Popup Stopper although it did
stop some popup or another that also tried to launch.

All in all a pretty bogus site (not that other sites don't try the same tricks,
mind you). Even if the underlying message is pretty scary!

Food can be scary--all the preprocessed stuff and additives and whatever.

Yet people still live.  And they're living longer now than 'ever before'.

Eh, I eat what I want to eat, and try to take reasonable care of what goes into
this 'magnificent bod'.  But reading labels--haven't really done that (yet).

I'm 36 and reasonably healthy.  The body protested a bit on the 1776 steps in
the CN tower last week, but I made it.  I may try excercising a bit more instead
of staying behind a keyboard during all my waking hours.

I think that's better than stressing over the foodstuffs.  If you were
reasonably well educated, you can probably make pretty good decisions as to what
you should and shouldn't be eating.  Hungrymans Breakfast specials probably
wouldn't top that list. :)

Dave K