 Off-Topic / Debate / 22715
Re: Delicious!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:34:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:
http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0744/

In my opinion, this is off topic for .fun ... it more properly belongs in
.debate.

I presume you know that, Dave!

Doh!  That's where I meant to put it.  Force of habit, I suppose.  Or maybe
LUGNET suffered a glitch that put my .fun post in .debate despite my best
efforts.  That seems likely...

It's also kind of annoying because it asks me if I want to install something
or another (some spyware presumably, I turned it down pretty fast so I
forget)... which I find ironic for a site ostensibly concerned with
consumers. Those "do you want to install X" boxes are not stopped by Popup
Stopper although it did stop some popup or another that also tried to launch.

All in all a pretty bogus site (not that other sites don't try the same
tricks, mind you). Even if the underlying message is pretty scary!

I feel worse and worse about posting the link, but I swear I didn't see any of
those pop-ups on my system.  As pennance, maybe I'll buy and consume one of
these healthy breakfasts.

Dave!