 Off-Topic / Debate / 22727
Re: Delicious!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:26:20 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:

I think CNN is reporting that cloned animals may soon be available at the
butcher's counter.  Now why raising hogs in the old fashioned way is less
desirable than cloned pigs I guess I may never know...

Richard,

Have you ever headed down I-5 around Bakersfield, where they have a LOT of cattle?
On a really hot day, just after the cows have turned over a field?

Imagine that stench, 100 times stronger, and less natural smelling.  Pig farms will
make you pass out.

Not to mention that the toxic waste coming from pig farms is killing a lot of
streams, or plugging them with algae blooms.

Cloned pig would PROBABLY pollute the world less than a pig farm.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/