 Off-Topic / Debate / 22047
Re: LEGO, Conan O'Brien, TODAY SHOW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 01:25:52 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Rick Clark wrote:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Terry Prosper wrote:

After seeing the show, it appears that Conan didn't give a **** about your
bust.

That seems a bit harsh. My impression was that he was overwhelmed (and not in a
good way) by all the stuff they threw at him. He didn't really have a chance to
see any of it. Further, the hosts made a big deal of pointing out the fact that
he didn't like surprises, and then brought in surprise after surprise, which
seems to me to be pretty rude. My impression of his reaction to everything was
that he was very uncomfortable with the whole event.

Having watched the entire spot, I would agree with Rick's assessment.  If
anything, Conan was polite and took it all in comedic stride.

Regards,
Allan B.