 Off-Topic / Debate / 21993
  Moore foolishness than ever

I've resisted introducing this topic because we've been over it before, and the main issue is, to me, entirely resolved and crystal clear. But (URL) Roy Moore> still keeps going on about his unconstitutional monument to his hubris. So what's the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moore foolishness than ever

(...) As a Christian, I'm 'outraged' about this situation. I mean, in the Bible it tells us to 'respect' the authority of the land. So not only is what Roy doing 'unconstitutional', but is going contrary to sound Biblical teachings. I'm not a (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moore foolishness than ever

(...) Jesus did not tell you to respect to authority, he said, "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and render unto to God that which is God's." (quoting from memory here) In my opinion, and probably a lot of readers' opinions, that's a very (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moore foolishness than ever

(...) Ahem. There is only one item in the Constitution of the United States that has any direct bearing on this as a religious matter, and that's the First Amemdment. To quote the appropriate section: "Congress shall make no law respecting an (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moore foolishness than ever

(...) The currency itself is unconstitutional. And if only it were the Dept. of the Treasury issuing the "coin" of our realm -- instead it is issued by the Federal Reserve. Not the same thing at all. See the U.S. Constitution Art. I, sections 8 and (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moore foolishness than ever

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote: I take it, from your exegesis of the Amendment, that you'd have no problem with a state legislature outlawing Christianity, am I correct? Or how about a state legislature that requires Scientology to (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Moore foolishness than ever

There's more in here too... It's always about one person or group morally getting over on others. What I mean is that while few would claim that the 10 point memo monument shocks the decency standards of the community, we'd have dozens of people (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)