 Off-Topic / Debate / 22000
Re: Moore foolishness than ever
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:59:42 GMT

There’s more in here too...

It’s always about one person or group morally getting over on others. What I mean is that while few would claim that the 10 point memo monument shocks the decency standards of the community, we’d have dozens of people freaking out over whether a reproduction of Michaelangelo’s David is wearing a fig leaf or not -- this last has happened repeatedly over the decades at Forest Lawn in Glendale, CA.

While no one balks at the many nativity scenes on people’s lawns during xmas, might they have a problem with a display of a Satanick Priest performing a human sacrifice? You know -- a man clothed in a black robe looms over the body of a young boy lying prostrate on an alter, a ritual dagger is held high ready to seek its fleshy sheath.

Homoerotic imagery aside, this last visual is interesting: I purposely chose it because except for the fact that I stated it was a Satanick Priest it could just as easily be a depiction of Abraham about to sacrifice Isaac before the angel comes to stop him.

All these petty religious rivalries get me down. All of these attempts at control when no control is truly possible.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock/lotsoflyrics/killinginthename.html

Religion kills.

-- Hop-Frog