 Off-Topic / Debate / 21995
Re: Moore foolishness than ever
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:18:14 GMT

   As a Christian, I’m ‘outraged’ about this situation. I mean, in the Bible it tells us to ‘respect’ the authority of the land. So not only is what Roy doing ‘unconstitutional’, but is going contrary to sound Biblical teachings.

Jesus did not tell you to respect to authority, he said, “Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s, and render unto to God that which is God’s.” (quoting from memory here) In my opinion, and probably a lot of readers’ opinions, that’s a very clever way of saying, “You won’t trap me into publicly admitting to sedition, but everything belongs to God and the political power of God comes first.” Remember that Jesus also told you to sell your cloak if you needed the means to buy a sword...

With all that said -- it’s always war with fanatics. The hardened Xtian right in this country is a well-financed anti-republican (not the party, the form of government) rebellion waiting to happen -- from school prayer to what you are doing in your bedroom, Xtians want to know! From where I sit, I can’t tell if the higher-ups truly believe or just find the expedient of Xtian useful to their power-grab.

   I’m not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but it’s oddly coincidental that this, as well as other ‘newsworthy items’ are deflecting attention from the ‘bigger crimes of humanity’ that the chief honcho of conservatives in America is pulling off right now.

The reality is that our appointed president is absolutely impeachable, yet nothing will happen. We are far from the memories of Viet Nam and Watergate and americans just do not, refuse to, admit to themselves that our democracy is in imminent threat of collapse from within -- if it can be fairly thought to exist any longer, in the first place.

U.S. democracy is absolutely facing a critical threat and even the democrats cannot face down the hardened Xtian right that runs the Bushite from Karl Rove (a.k.a Bush’s Brain) on down...

The people running the show were not elected to office, they have no mandate upon which to predicate the extraordinary power-grabs currently underway both here in the states and abroad. What the world doesn’t understand as it looks in on the situation is that most of us americans that oppose the Bushite feel as if we are being held hostage also.

http://www.madison.com/toolbox/index.php?action=printme&ref=archives&storyURL=/archives/read.php?ref=tct:2003:08:21:278124:EDITORIAL

No one should slip the mortal coil without raging one last time against the dying of the light. And so Sally Baron did.

“Memorials in her honor can be made to any organization working for the removal of President Bush,” reads Baron’s obituary in today’s editions of The Capital Times.

-- Hop-Frog