 Off-Topic / Debate / 19509
  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: I am not denying the following... (...) but you must admit the truth of the following... The 10 non permanent members are essentially random. Let me pick them and I'll give you 10 votes in favour... (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

(...) It's broken because of USA. This war proves that USA should be disarmed once and for all. Enough with USA's permanent wars. For over 50 years now USA has been the terror regime holding the world on the brink of a nuclear war. USA should be (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

(...) And you have the insolence to call *me* an idiot??? JOHN (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

Which is more falsely presumptuous: american imperialism or calling upon supposedly peace-loving countries to follow through on standing down nuclear weapons? "Idiot" is polite given the context. I guess you are all in favor of the "preemptive use (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

(...) What am I to think-- that you are defending Terry's post? It was quite possibly the stupidest thing I've read in this NG-- right up there with your infamous anti-semitic rant. (...) Sorry to disappoint. I find *your* comments highly amusing-- (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

(...) Spoken like a true Canadian. <rant> I find it interesting that even with all the disarming of our military power over the past 20 years, that there are folks calling for even more dispersal of our meager military might. Want to prevent the US (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

(...) The Security Council is designed so the really powerful can stop any actions against its interests, including the United States (which has used it's veto power liberally). But the UN suffers from a lack of conviction in general. If it imposes (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

LET THIS BE CLEAR : I AM NOT CANADIAN. You want to know Canada's opinion on the issue? Well, there is Ontario, who is against a war without the UN, but wishes the US wil win the war. Totally opposite statements. That's Ontario for you. Then there is (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

(...) I agree. (...) Of course! But the dream is getting even better by the minute! :-) (...) Yes they do. But which country has been involved in the most ars since, let's say, 1950? Don't even think about Russia or, hehehe, Iraq... (...) Well, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

(...) Has Quebec seceded already, then? Else I am not following you. By the way, not everyone in Canada shares your view... (URL) I know... he's from the west coast. (22 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)